Stevenage Sporting Futures Team is a team of enthusiastic Sporting Professionals who love to inspire children to achieve their goals.
We are a charity hosted in kind at Barnwell Community Leisure Centre.
We currently work in partnership with over 30 primary, secondary and special schools in Stevenage and the surrounding areas Creating Opportunities, Raising Aspiration through Sport and Physical Activity.
At Stevenage Sporting Futures we offer a comprehensive competition and Festival calendar linked to the school games initiative , in addition we provide inter and intra school competitions, staff CPD, Educational Health related Physical activity support.
Partnership Manager & Acting Joint Project Manager
Joined the team – September 2021
- Day to Day running of the organisation
- Head Teacher and School liaison
- Funding and Finance
- Designated Safeguarding Person
- Leadership and management of the Stevenage Sporting Futures Team
- School Games Organiser for Stevenage – meetings, reporting and key performance indicator list
- Strategic Lead for Stevenage Girls Football Sports Partnership in partnership with the Football Association and Barclays.
- Commonwealth Games 2022 Legacy
- Secondary School provision
- Research and applying for sources of Local and National funding.
- Sports Awards
Competition Lead & Senior Community Coach
Joined the team – 2005
- Booking and overseeing the organisation of the competitions and festivals both School Games and Stevenage Sporting Futures Team.
- CPD for teachers and school staff
- Monitoring and evaluation of events
- Netball League
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Person
Acting Joint Project Manager
Joined the team – September 2019
- Management of Stevenage Sporting Futures Team projects to include session planning and liaison with partner primary schools to create a timetable of Action Mat and other programme delivery.
- Year 5/6 Leadership programme delivery and termly meetings to discuss targets set.
- School based delivery
- Supporting the Competition Lead to organise and run the events calendar.
- Collecting data from the events and activities delivered to show the impact of the work SSFT do.
- Secondary Transition programme linked to Youth Sport Trust funding.
- Session planning and liaison with partner primary schools to create a timetable of KS2 Action Mats.
Joined the team – 2005
- Working with Primary schools with students in their school who need adaptations and support for additional needs in PE.
- Assisting with transition of Year 6 pupils with additional needs from mainstream into Year 7 secondary provision.
- Promoting sportsability and inclusion training and CPD to schools.
- Supporting Stevenage Sporting Futures Team events where required.
Secondary Link - Barnwell School
- Bridging the gap between the secondary school and the Stevenage Sporting Futures Team.
- Supporting the Competition Lead to run the events calendar.
- Supporting School delivery.
- Delivery of the Fit Kidz Go programme.
- Delivery of the Fit Kidz Row programme, specifically for Year 6 students within the partner primary schools.
- Monitoring and programme evaluation to include funding and evaluation with Stevenage Borough Council and the Stevenage Sporting Futures Team Partnership Manager.