Stevenage Sporting Futures Team is a team of enthusiastic Sporting Professionals who love to inspire children to achieve their goals.
We are a charity hosted in kind at Barnwell Community Leisure Centre.
We currently work in partnership with over 30 primary, secondary and special schools in Stevenage and the surrounding areas Creating Opportunities, Raising Aspiration through Sport and Physical Activity.
At Stevenage Sporting Futures we offer a comprehensive competition and Festival calendar linked to the school games initiative , in addition we provide inter and intra school competitions, staff CPD, Educational Health related Physical activity support.
Joined the team – August 2016 (previously Sport and Wellbeing Manager for Stevenage Borough Council)
Responsible for –
- Day to Day running of the organisation
- Head Teacher and School liaison
- Funding and Finance
- Managing and leading the team in their work
Competition Lead & Senior Community Coach
Joined the team – 2005
- Booking and overseeing the organisation of the competitions and festivals both School Games and SSFT lead.
- Creating the termly newsletter
- CPD for teachers and school staff
Go 5 Project Co-Ordinator
Joined the Team – February 2017 (Previously Teaching Assistant at Longmeadow Primary School)
- Adaptation of the existing Go 5 programme to create a 6 week programme of sessions aimed at Year 5 pupils. Session planning and liaison with partner schools to create a timetable of session delivery across Stevenage
- Engagement with schools and parents through take home tasks and feedback sheets, follow on tasks and support for staff to continue to deliver relevant sessions within the school after the 6 coached weeks are over
- Monitoring of attendance, feedback from parents and participants and anything else meaningful to ensure a full and comprehensive evaluation
- Ongoing training and support for school staff and apprentices
Sports Development Apprentice
Joined the team – September 2017
- Coaching On tour and celebration week activities
- Supporting the competition lead to organise and run the competitions
- Collecting data from the events and activities delivered to show the impact of the work we do.
Joined the team – 2005
- Working with Primary schools with students in their school who need adaptations and support for additional needs in PE
- Assisting with transition of Year 6 pupils with additional needs from mainstream into Year 7 secondary provision.
- Promoting sportsability and inclusion training and CPD to schools
Secondary link - Thomas Alleyne Academy
Anne’s role is to bridge the gap between the secondary school and the sporting futures team.
She also supports the team with delivery and competitions throughout the year.
Secondary Link - Barnwell School
Colin’s role is to bridge the gap between the secondary school and the sporting futures team.
He also supports the team with delivery and competitions throughout the year.