- This event has passed.
KS1 VIRTUAL SPEED STACKING
January 8 @ 8:00 am - March 26 @ 10:00 amFree
This event is for SSFT Partner Schools only.
Please use the timers and timing mats that come as part of a speed stacking set for accurate timing.
The Virtual Competition will run up until the end of the Spring term and each school will need to deliver the sessions themselves in their own school (Level 1). This can involve as many children in Year 1 and 2 as possible and we will provide team sheets for schools to copy and use. Please enter your school on the SSFT website.
If your school has Stevenage Sports Ambassadors, they can help run this competition in school as part of their target of delivering a competition. If you or the ambassadors need any help with this, please don’t hesitate to call SSFT.
We suggest that each child is timed individually on 3,3,3 and 3,6,3 cycles. This will determine the 4 fastest Girls and the 4 fastest boys in your school. These 8 children will then make up your school’s Speed Stacking Team. They can be a mixture of children in Year 1 and 2 but must be made up of 4 girls and 4 boys.
Once each school has determined their fastest team of 8, we will need them to be timed as a team on a 3,6,3 relay and the results of this need to be sent to the Stevenage Sporting Futures Team to collate on a master scoreboard. When you send their best result, please can you also provide us with the names of your top 4 girls and boys who make up your relay team.
Having the Speed Stacking competition in this format, allows your school the ability to have multiple teams and lots of participation. Please can you also send us the monitoring form to show us how many children overall have taken part in your school.
SSFT have made a video demonstrating the 3,3,3 and 3,6,3 cycle so that you are able to see how speed stacking should be done and this can be sent to you upon request.
FORMAT: EACH CHILD TIMED INDIVIDUALLY ON 3,3,3 AND 3,6,3 FORMATION
THIS IS TO DETERMINE THE FASTEST 4 GIRLS AND THE FASTEST 4 BOYS IN KS1 YOUR SCHOOL
- START WITH 3,3,3 FORMATION FOR PRACTICE
- BOTH HANDS ON THE TIMER TO START
- STACK CUPS UP IN FORMATION, THEN MOVE HANDS BACK TO THE START TO TAKE DOWN
- BOTH HANDS ON THE TIMER TO STOP
- RECORD CHILD’S TIMES ON THE SCORE SHEET
- REPEAT FOR 3,6,3
- RECORD TIMES AND ADD EACH BEST SCORE TOGETHER FOR COMBINED TOTALS
ONCE ALL COMPETITORS IN YEAR 1 AND 2 IN YOUR SCHOOL HAVE TAKEN PART IN THE ABOVE, DETERMINE WHICH ARE YOUR BEST 4 BOYS AND YOUR BEST 4 GIRLS.
8 PERSON RELAY
THESE 8 CHILDREN WILL NEED TO WORK TOGETHER AS A TEAM OF 8. PLEASE TIME THEM IN A 3,6,3 RELAY IN THE FOLLOWING WAY:
- PLAYER 1 PLACES THEIR HANDS ON THE TIMER AND WHEN READY, REMOVES THEIR HANDS TO START THE TIMER. AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, THEY BEGIN TO STACK UP THEN DOWN, GO TO THE BACK OF THE LINE, PLAYER 2 STEPS FORWARD AND STACKS UP, STACKS DOWN, PLAYER 3 STEPS FORWARD AND SO ON.
- PLAYER 8 WILL TAKE THEIR TURN AND ONCE THEY HAVE TAKEN THE STACK DOWN WILL STOP THE TIMER WITH 2 HANDS.
- RECORD THE TIME SHOWN ON THE SCREEN.
- EACH TEAM OF 8 WILL DO THIS FOR 3 ATTEMPTS AND THE BEST SCORE WILL BE PUT FORWARD TO SSFT TO BE ENTERED INTO THE COMPETITION.
- THE CLOSING DATE FOR VIRTUAL ENTRIES WILL BE MONDAY 26TH MARCH 2018.
- THE OVERALL RESULTS WILL BE SENT OUT TO EVERYONE.
2 people are attending KS1 VIRTUAL SPEED STACKING