We have great local support from our external partners who provide venues, resources and great support
Read more …
Who are Stevenage Sporting Futures Team?
Stevenage Sporting Futures Team is a charity hosted in kind at Barnwell Community Leisure Centre, formed out of the original Stevenage School Sport Partnership structure following the Government spending review in 2010. Originally formed in 2011 as a CIC, it achieved charitable status in 2014.
We currently work in partnership with over 30 primary, secondary and additional needs schools in Stevenage and the surrounding areas. Our overarching aim is Creating Opportunities and Raising Aspiration through Sport and Physical Activity.
Every year we rely on the kind contributions of our partner schools, through their sports premium funding, to ensure the team can deliver all aspects of programme not funded directly by the school games. Through external funding bids and links to local community partners we hope to enhance the out of school offer available whenever possible.
As Stevenage Sporting Futures Team our intention is:
- To create opportunities and raise aspiration through sport and physical activity.
- To continue to support schools to deliver High Quality PE and school sport through a coordinated local delivery system, ensuring through collaborative partnering, local needs are met and the greatest benefit is felt by all young people.
- To provide aspirational role models through sport.
- To provide a broad and varied range of opportunities for all young people to take part in physical activity, sport and leadership and volunteering
- To work alongside Sporting Futures Training to support the roll out of their school based apprenticeship programme and ensuring these apprentices are used to develop a workforce to support the team in their competition and festival delivery.
- Work with community clubs and partners to maximise opportunities for all young people and support their transition into community sport
Here is the latest news from Stevenage Sporting Futures